The Ambler Learning Center provides a wealth of technology resources.
Table of Contents
The Ambler Learning Center is a state-of-the art computer facility providing technology resources and support to students, faculty and staff at the Ambler Campus seven days a week.
Special features include:
- 72,000 square-foot, three-story building
- 285 computer workstations
- 300-seat auditorium/smart lecture hall
- 85-seat tech center with software applications serving all academic disciplines
- Math, Science and Writing Support Center
- Faculty Instructional Support Center
- Five computer classrooms/14 smart classrooms
- Drafting studio
- Student breakout room
- Help Desk/PC Clinic
- Wireless access throughout
The Ambler Campus Technology Center is located in Room 106 of the Learning Center Building. It is an 85-seat computer facility (PC and Mac) with a Help Desk, multimedia center, printing, plotting, and scanning facilities. The hours of operation are as follows:
Monday-Thursday 8:30 am-10:00 pm
Friday 8:30am-5:00 pm
Saturday 8:30am-5:00 pm
Sunday noon-8:00 pm
Note: Closed Sundays and at 10:30 pm Monday-Thursday during summer sessions. Hours vary during intersessions and holidays.
- Math, Science and Writing Support Center, Room 102 – Tutoring is available for students requiring assistance with math, science, and writing in the Learning Center. Online access to tutors at Main Campus is available in the tutoring center through Goggle Hangout and WebEx applications.
- Video Conferencing, Room 301 – Equipped with high definition video conferencing/distance learning technology.
- Multimedia Lab, Room 106E – Consists of PC and Mac video editing computers, a DVCAM deck, Final Cut Pro and Adobe Premiere.
- Drafting Studio, Room 104 – 25-seat studio with tables, stools and available smart technology.
- Breakout Room, Room 115 – Smart conference technology room with seating for 10 people.
- Lounge/café areas (6) – 2 on each floor; Wireless collaboration areas with lounge furniture and tables/chairs, flat panel displays, cable television and Four Winds digital signage.
- 300-seat multi-purpose lecture hall and event space
- Theater capabilities and green rooms
- Sound equipment/mixing board, streaming, etc.
- Duplex printing with student free printing quota (color available)
- Large format plotting
- Wide format scanning
Note: Laser duplex printing available in all classrooms.
- PC laptop loaner program
- TUTV equipment (HD camera, lighting equipment, microphones and sound equipment)
- Faculty Support facility with 9 PC computers and 1 Apple computer
- Technical consulting services on Blackboard, TurningPoint, WebEx, PowerPoint, Adobe and other instructional applications
- Staff/Student consultant help area (7 days/wk) offering consulting services
- PC Clinic assisting with computer repairs, Spyware and virus removal