Business Process Improvement, also known as Workflow, enables Temple University academic and business units to streamline operational processes.
Table of Contents
Business Process Improvement, also known as Workflow, enables Temple University academic and business units to streamline operational processes. The tailored redesigned solution melds process re-engineering methods, with Banner Workflow, Banner Imaging and the TUportal. Examples of University processes that use this method are: Banner system access requests, journal entry transactions, change of academic program (Graduate and Undergraduate), grade changes and employee terminations.
Customers can submit a request by clicking the Request Help tab on the Computer Services home page. Requestors will be asked to provide the following information:
- What process needs to be examined?
- What is the current pain point of the process? How many people are affected by this process? Is it regulatory in nature? Is the process time-sensitive?
- What would be the ideal outcome?
- Who will initiate and approve the process?
Computer Services will acknowledge a business process improvement request within two business days.
Authorized Temple University employees can request this service. The budget unit head and the appropriate data stewards will determine access for designated Temple employees.
Customers who request business process improvement projects are expected to:
- Describe the process that needs to be improved
- Identify appropriate users who will initiate and approve steps in the process
- Represent needs and requirements of the users
- Be responsible for all present and future communication with the users
- Participate in testing the solution
- Provide sign-off that the workflow solution meets mutually agreed upon requirements
Workflows are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. To access Workflows from off-campus, you will need an RSA token issued by the Computer Services Security Office. To request an RSA token, click the Request Help tab on the Computer Services home page.
Once you have an RSA token, you must install Citrix Receiver and log into Temple’s TUapps using the RSA Login option. After logging in, select TUportal – Enhanced Security.
For more information, see Access Temple's TUapps.
At this time, the costs associated with this service are not passed on to academic or business units. Computer Service assumes all costs associated with this service.