In order for you to purchase computer hardware products for university use, you must follow processes put in place in by the Purchasing Department. Purchasing can also advise on the best method to acquire a product and available alternatives.
Table of Contents
- Computer hardware must be for university use only. This service is not available for personal purchase or use.
- Products are to be ordered via Purchase Requisition through TUmarketplace.
- View TUmarketplace Help on TUportal.
- Access the Knowledge Base for information about hardware procurement.
- Contact Purchasing at 215-204-6700 (1-6700) or email@example.com.
- Purchaser must be a Temple University employee with access to Banner Security and TUmarketplace.
- Departments are not permitted to purchase any tablets (i.e. Apple iPads, Nexus 7, Kindle Fire, Microsoft Surface) using their PCard. All tablets must be purchased via the available Punch-out vendors in TUmarketplace.
- To obtain price quotes based on your configuration requirements, go to the Computer Services homepage and click on the Request Service tab.
Requests for quotes are typically processed within one or two business days; orders received by Purchasing, through TUmarketplace, are typically acknowledged within one business day.
To purchase computer hardware, you have the following options:
- Submit a Purchase Requisition for items available in TUmarketplace Punch-out Catalogs, for example, Apple, CDWG (Hewlett-Packard computers), Dell, ePlus, and GovConnection (Lenovo computers).
- Submit a non-catalog request in TUmarketplace for items not included in the Punch-out Catalogs. The requisition will be routed to Purchasing for processing.
Order Fulfillment is normally completed within three to five business days.
- If Purchasing needs to send out your request for competitive bidding, the order could take seven additional business days to fulfill.
If you submit a request with a document that requires a signature, you will be notified that the relevant documentation must be sent to University Counsel for review. Since the review depends on University Counsel's schedule, additional time may be needed to complete your order.
There is no fee associated with customer service; hardware carries two types of fees: Software Fee & Recycle Fee.