Temple University has partnered with several vendors to provide educational discounts to Faculty, Staff and Students for personal purchases.
Table of Contents
- Autodesk offers software at no cost for educational purposes at: http://www.autodesk.com/education/free-software/all. This software is not to be used for commercial purposes.
- IBM SPSS statistical software can be purchased at http://www.onthehub.com/spss/.
- JMP statistical software and MATLAB technical computing and model-based design software are available at no charge via the Computer Services Download Site.
- Microsoft Office 365 is available to Students at no charge. Further details can be found at: http://computerservices.temple.edu/office-365.
- Microsoft's Imagine Subscription Program is available at no charge (Students and Faculty only - please review the usage guidelines prior to registering). To enroll, click on Register then type your Temple email address in the Username box and click continue. If you have not already enrolled previously, a message stating that there is no matching account will appear with a link to request an account.
- SAS Education Analytic Suite licenses are available for purchase at the Help Desk in the TECH Center for $89.20 per license. Customers must use Diamond Dollars when purchasing the software. Alternatively, SAS also offers access to SAS University Edition Software at no charge: http://www.sas.com/en_us/software/university-edition.html. Please note: The University Edition is only comprised of BASE SAS, SAS/STAT, IML, SAS Studio and SAS/ACCESS.
- Wolfram|Alpha is available at no charge. If you are not already registered with Wolfram and do not have a Wolfram ID, create an account by going to http://user.wolfram.com and click "Create Account". Fill out the form using an "@temple.edu" email address and click "Create Wolfram ID." Then, check your email and click the link to validate your Wolfram ID. If you have completed the Wolfram registration or if you already have a Wolfram ID, request access to the Wolfram|Alpha subscription by going to: https://user.wolfram.com/portal/login.html. More information about Wolfram|Alpha can be found at: http://www.wolframalpha.com/tour/what-is-wolframalpha.html
Please note that these vendors may require proof of enrollment at the time of purchase. See each site's requirements for more details.
- Software House International (please email firstname.lastname@example.org for the token and access key)
On a budget? Check out the Computer Recycling Center! The CRC has used CPUs and Flat Panel Monitors for sale. Visit the Computer Recycling Center page for more information.