FUGU is a Macintosh application for the secure transfer of files between a Macintosh and a host computer (e.g., Astro or the HPC systems: Compute and Owl’s Nest).
To start the program:
Locate FUGU on the MAC HD icon under Applications. By clicking on FUGU, a screen similar to the following will appear:
Perform the following steps:
- Insert the relevant host name (compute.temple.edu or owlsnest.hpc.temple.edu or astro.temple.edu) to the right of Connect to in the initial FUGU screen shown in the Starting the Program section.
- In the Username box, type your AccessNet username. In the Port box, type 22. Then press Return.
- Click the Connect button at the bottom right of the FUGU screen.
- The password will be requested by the next screen. Enter the password and click Authenticate. Once the account is authenticated, the FUGU screen will show the files within the Linux account, as show below:
To transfer a file from the central linux system to the Mac, do the following:
Right-click the mouse on one of the files to be transferred to the Mac (e.g., myexamp.sas). In the box that appears, click Download with Secure Copy.
Note: If you wish to transfer a file from the Mac to the central Linux system, you would first right-click on a file that is on the Mac and select Upload with Secure Copy.
Assuming that downloading is desired, a screen similar to the following will appear:
- The file being transferred is shown within the Item to Copy box. The complete specification or path for the file location, (e.g., Root directory) is indicated with the file name. In the Copy File to Path box, the Mac folder in which the transferred file will be stored is shown.
- Click the Secure Copy button, shown in the lower right side of the screen above, in order for the file transfer to begin.
- When prompted, re-enter the AccessNet password and click Authenticate.
If the file transfer is successful, a screen similar to the one shown below will indicate that the file was copied successfully from the Linux server. Click the Done button to conclude the transfer operation. The following screen hows the successful download of a second file named myexamp.sas:
The link to the Linux system will close once the file transfer is completed.
To exit Fugu, click the red button in the upper-left corner of the Fugu screen.