The HSC TECH Center provides access to computers, software and other technology resources.
The Health Sciences Center (HSC) Tech Center is located in the Student Faculty Center (Suite 220) and provides technology resources and support for students, faculty and staff. The phone number is 215-707-8242.
Special features include:
- 76 computer workstations (66 PCs and 10 Macs)
- Four flatbed scanners
- One scanner with a sheet feeder
- Three breakout rooms for student collaboration
- Two conference Rooms
- Software applications serving all academic disciplines
- Wireless access throughout
- Numerous areas for group study
Fall and Spring Semesters
Monday through Friday: 7:00 am - 8:00 pm
Saturday & Sunday: Closed
Note: The HSC Tech Center is closed during University holidays and has reduced hours during semester breaks and intersessions.
- The HSC Tech Center includes five collaboration rooms for group study. Each room features:
- a table and seating area that can comfortably accommodate up to eight people
- a desktop PC
- a flat panel wall display
- a whiteboard (One collaboration room has an interactive white board.)
- The flat panel wall displays can project the screen of the desktop PC or alternately connect to Wi-Fi devices, such as smartphones, tablets and laptops. They are also equipped for Apple TV.
- Rooms can be reserved online.
- Duplex printing with student free printing quota (color available)
- Large Format Poster Printing
- 3D Printing
- Student Printing Policy and Guidelines
- The main floor area has three black and white duplex printers.
- A print room contains a color LaserJet printer, two high volume black and white printers for larger jobs (over 25 pages), a plotter for printing posters, a 3D printer and 3D scanner as well as a Xerox copier.