Temple University, through its Microsoft Campus Agreement, has purchased the right for eligible Faculty and Staff to obtain Microsoft Windows and Office Software for work-related purposes at home.
Table of Contents
Microsoft Office 365 is now available for download in TUportal for eligible Faculty and Staff members! Simply log in to TUportal and click on "Microsoft Download" under TUapplications. Faculty and Staff can install the software on up to five devices.
Due to the availability of Office365 in TUportal, physical distribution of the Office for Windows software is no longer available.
For assistance with the download, contact the Computer Services Help Desk by calling 215-204-8000 (1-8000) or go to https://tuhelp.temple.edu.
Current full and part time Faculty, Staff and Administration are eligible for the Microsoft Work At Home software (Note: Employees must use Microsoft software for 90% of their job function to be eligible). Emeritus Faculty are also eligible for the software as long as they are continuing to perform work for Temple University.
- Graduate Assistants (GAs), Teaching Assistants (TAs), and Research Assistants (RAs)
- Employees who do not use computers as part of their regular duties
- Retired Faculty
- Office: Office Standard 2011 for Mac - Due to the availability of Office 365 in TUportal, physical distribution of the Office for Windows software has been phased out.
- Windows: Windows 8.1 Professional Upgrade (32-bit and 64-bit), Windows 8 Professional Upgrade (32-bit and 64-bit) and Windows 7 Ultimate Upgrade (32-bit only) - Windows 10 is coming soon.
Our Subscription term ends May 31, 2018. Enrollment renewal by Temple University will automatically renew Work-At-Home rights with no action required on the part of the Faculty/Staff/Administration employee.
- Employees are entitled to one (1) copy of each available Office Suite and Windows Operating System.
- Only one (1) Operating System and Office Suite may be run at a time.
- The full version of Windows is not available under this program. Another version of Windows must be installed on the computer in order to use this software.
- Those who wish to obtain the Windows 8 upgrade must determine if their system is a 32 or 64-bit system prior to picking up the software. Purchasing can only distribute either 64 or 32-bit versions of the OS, not both. Visit this Microsoft FAQ page for information on how to make that determination.
- There is no cost for the Microsoft Work-At-Home Software.
- Employees who leave the university must cease using the software and remove the software from their home PC.
Every Tuesday and Wednesday, excluding Temple holidays and closures, from 11am to 1pm at 1938 Liacouras Walk on the 3rd Floor.
A valid Temple ID and (1) completed copy of the Microsoft Work-At-Home license agreement is required to pick-up software (To ensure compliance, EMPLOYEES MUST COME IN PERSON).