OneDrive is Microsoft's online backup and syncing service providing you with 1 TB of storage in the cloud. Enabling OneDrive with your Office 365 subscription will allow you to access your documents via the Office 365 mobile applications and their online Office 365 portal.
Table of Contents
OneDrive is Microsoft's service for hosting files in the "cloud" that's available for the Temple University community with your Office 365 subscription. OneDrive allows users to store and sync files, and then access them from compatible mobile devices and via the web.
- 1 TB of storage
- OneDrive allows you to store your documents in the cloud. You can then access and edit these documents using Office 365 mobile applications and online via portal.office.com
- You can upload and sync files to OneDrive from a web browser on your computer or mobile device
- Getting Started with OneDrive
All users are required to Enable OneDrive (one time) if you wish to save your documents in the cloud in order to access them from your computer, mobile applications and online.
PC users are also encouraged to activate the OneDrive folder on their desktop software by following these instructions.
Important Note: If you don't have the latest version of Office 365 on your office computer and/or if you would like to use OneDrive to store your work files, we recommend that you first consult with your School/College/Departmental IT support staff prior to installation.
Below are the different ways to manage your files using OneDrive for Office for Mac (2016), PC (2016), Office Online and mobile applications.
In addition to storing your files in the cloud using OneDrive, we recommend you back up your files locally on your computer as well.
The OneDrive mobile application is available for the following devices. You will be able to view the documents stored in OneDrive in Read-Only mode. In order to make changes, you need to download the mobile applications for Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Then, when you choose to edit a document in your OneDrive folder, it will automatically open in the appropriate application.
Setup Instructions (following download from designated app store):
- Open the OneDrive application on your mobile device
- Log in with your AccessNet email address (tuXemail@example.com) and password
- Select OneDrive for Business
- Then select, Work or school account
- Your Office 365 subscription through Temple ends one year after you graduate at which time you can download your files using the OneDrive Desktop App (Sync Client).
What if I already have a personal Microsoft Account?
If you have a personal (consumer) account, you can continue using it. It will be separate from your Temple account. On the desktop software, you will have separate folders for each account that will be distinguished by the folder names (Temple account / Personal account name). You will need to log in to the mobile applications and Office Online from the account that you wish to access files from / save files to.
Additional OneDrive help from Microsoft