Use OWLbox to store, share and collaborate on files.
Table of Contents
OWLbox, powered by box.com, is Temple's primary resource for storing, sharing and collaborating on files. The OWLbox website offers students, faculty, and staff 50GB of storage space, access to files anywhere including mobile devices, and sync capability with desktop files.
There is a Facebook-like feature where you can comment and exchange feedback on files you are sharing. The box service automatically keeps previous versions of the documents. In addition you can assign tasks to a shared file and supply a due date.
- Get 50 GB Free / Organize All Your Files Into Folders
Store all kinds of files online, then arrange them into folders in any manner you like.
- View and Access Files on Demand
Access your files anytime, anywhere using a computer or mobile device.
Instead of storing your files on flash drives and DVDs, store them centrally on OWLbox.
- Share a Whole Folder of Files
Create a new folder, upload files, then invite others to collaborate.
- Receive Real-Time Updates
Receive notifications whenever someone has viewed, edited or commented on your file.
- Invite Others to Share and Edit
Turn folders into shared online workspaces, where all your files are in one place and anyone you invite can view, edit and upload files.
- Post Comments and Assign Tasks
Leave comments and feedback in one place.
- Get Real-Time Updates
Receive notifications whenever you are mentioned in a comment, or a colleague adds, edits or comments on a shared file.
Box Notes allows is a document creation tool built into OWLbox that allows you to brainstorm, take notes and work with a group in real-time. You can also use Box Notes for personal notes and lists.
Here’s how to get started:
Note: If you are sharing a Box Note, you must create it in the folder that is being shared with other collaborators. You can create a Box Note for personal use without placing it in a folder, but you will not be able to share it with anyone unless you move it to a shared folder.
- You can invite others to share a folder only if they have logged into OWLbox at least once.
- Files are uploaded into folders so you have to create a folder first before transferring files.
- You can only share folders, not individual files.
- Students get to keep their 50GB of free storage when they graduate!
For assistance with specific tasks, see the Support page.
Also see the following OWLbox Tech Bits:
- Consider Your Colleagues by Sharing Work Files
- Work on Group Projects ANYWHERE with Box Notes!
- Share Project Items in Real-Time with Box Notes
- Edit Documents with OWLbox
- Need to Have a Document Reviewed? Assign it in OWLbox
Fore more videos, see the box Channel on YouTube.
When you graduate or leave Temple, you have the option of converting your OWLbox account to a personal Box.com account. By doing this, you will be able to keep your 50GB of storage, as well as all of your files:
- Go to www.box.com and click the Log In button.
- In the Email Address box, type your AccessNetemail@example.com (for example, firstname.lastname@example.org). Then click Reset Password.
- In the Email Address box, retype your AccessNetemail@example.com. Then click Send.
- A new password will be sent to your TUmail account.
- Go back to the login screen and log in with your new password. Your OWLbox files will now be available to you.
- If you plan to annually renew your TUmail account as an alum, you can skip this step. Otherwise, make sure to update your email address in Box.com. In the future, if you ever forget your password, a new one will be sent to this address.