Temple offers current students and employees Symantec Endpoint Protection antivirus software for home use at a minimal cost.
Temple offers current students and employees Symantec Endpoint Protection antivirus software for home use at a minimal cost. You must purchase one copy for each personal computer on which you want to install the software.
Current students, faculty, and staff are eligible to purchase one copy of Symantec Endpoint Protection for each home computer. The cost per copy is payable by Diamond Dollars. The software will be available on Temple's download site within an hour after it is purchased.
- Add funds to your Diamond Dollars account to cover the cost of the software.
- Log in to the TUhelp site and submit a Request Help ticket to purchase the software. In the request, state that you authorize payment through your Diamond Dollars account and include your TUid number. You will receive acknowledgement by email that your request was received, followed by a second email with information on how to download the software.
Stop by the Computer Services Help Desk.
After purchasing this software, you are eligible to obtain free upgrades from Temple's Download website.
Note: To comply with software licensing requirements, you are eligible to download one upgrade per number of copies you originally purchased. For example, if you previously purchased two copies, you can download the upgrade on two computers.
- be a current Temple University student or employee,
- purchase a separate copy for each personal computer on which you want to install the software,
- remove any existing antivirus or firewall software from your computer, and
- remove the software when you are no longer a Temple student or employee, as this is required by Temple's licensing agreement with Symantec.
- Windows 7 or higher
- 1.8 GB free disk space
- 512 MB of RAM minimum (1 GB recommended)
- Mac OS X v10.8 or higher
- 500 MB free disk space
- 2GB of RAM