The SAS license available through the Software Site License Program is a one-year subscription license for the period beginning June 1, 2017 and ending May 31, 2018.
Table of Contents
The SAS system is a powerful software package, which serves as an excellent tool for data management and statistical analysis. It is capable of generating presentation-quality graphics through the SAS/Graph component. The SAS for Windows version provides additional modules (e.g. exploratory graphics with SAS/Insight, data set use with SAS/ASSIST).
Publisher’s Homepage: http://www.sas.com
SAS licenses and installation discs can be found in the Computer Business Services Showcase Catalog in TUmarketplace. Type SAS into the search field for a listing of available licenses, installation discs and pricing.
There will be three types of software products:
- License Only - this option gives end users the option to obtain a license without the software disc.
- Media Only - this option gives end users the ability to obtain only the software disc without a license. This is ideal for those who are ordering multiple licenses but only require one disc to install the software program.
- Bundle - this option gives end users the ability to purchase both the license and media at the same time. This is ideal for end users who are ordering the same amount of licenses as they are software discs.
Software Site License Agreements are necessary when purchasing licenses via TUmarketplace. SSL Agreements can be found by logging into TUportal and navigating to the University Forms section in the Staff Tools tab. Type "Information Technology Services" in the search field. Please attach the signed agreement to your Purchase Requisition as an internal note or email it to email@example.com. Failure to submit the agreements will delay the complete processing of your order, including the distribution of your license keys and installation discs.
Please consider the following information prior to installing your SAS 9.4 software:
- Version 9.4 is not available for 32-bit technology, only 64-bit.
- The SAS Suite will no longer include SAS INSIGHT or SAS LAB.
- If you are running any web application servers, you will need to discontinue their usage with version 9.4. An application server is provided.
If you are running a meta data server for SAS products, 9.4 allows a cluster of up to 3 servers that can be used as long as the servers are running the same operating system.
The license for the SAS is a one-year subscription license and may be used for educational or academic purposes only.
Licensed users of SAS are entitled to all upgrades, updates, and downgrades during the current subscription period.
Temple University's SAS Education Analytic Suite licenses are available for personal use at the Help Desk in the TECH Center for $89.20 per license. Customers must use Diamond Dollars when purchasing the software.
Alternatively, SAS also offers access to SAS University Edition software, which is available at no charge. Please Note: the University Edition is only comprised of BASE SAS, SAS/STAT, IML, SAS Studio and SAS/ACCESS. The software can be obtained at: http://www.sas.com/en_us/software/university-edition.html.