October is National Cyber Security Awareness Month (NCSAM). Temple University's Computer Services Department is participating in this important initiative to raise awareness about best practices for staying safe online. Stay tuned all month long for events and giveaways and follow our security tips on Twitter and Facebook.
TWO CONTESTS THIS YEAR! The Computer Services NCSAM contests are open to all currently enrolled Temple University students with the following grand prizes for each contest:
Contest #1: Tweet a Caption
- Four winners (one for each week) will receive a prize of $100 in Diamond Dollars.
- Congratulations to this year's Tweet a Caption winners:
- Fiona Cavanagh - "Technology keeps us connected, cybersecurity keeps us safe."
- Sandra Liu - "Cyber awareness is key to global security."
- Alex Kwok - "Be a part of the global community, contribute to cyber security!"
- Mary Liu - "Securing our cyber community starts with fixing our cyber insecurities."
- The best, out of the four weekly winners, will receive a $200 Diamond Dollars bonus grand prize.
- Congratulations to Fiona Cavanagh for being this year's top Tweet a Caption winner.
Contest #2: Create a Graphic
- One first place winner will receive a grand prize of $400 in Diamond Dollars.
- Congratulations to the first place winner of the Create a Graphic contest, Nicole Klotsas.
- One runner-up will receive $200 in Diamond Dollars.
- Congratulations to the second place winner of the Create a Graphic contest, Matthew Robinson