The Information Technology Services Client Services Team provides assistance for technology related questions to the university community.
The Information Technology Services Help Desk is staffed by professional consultants and technical student workers who are trained to assist Temple students, faculty, and staff with technical issues.
You can contact the Information Technology Services Help Desk in a variety of ways:
- Website: Use the Request Help tab on the Information Technology Services home page. Faculty/Staff can also use this tab to request deskside assistance in their offices.
- Phone: 215-204-8000
- Walk-in: The TECH Center, Room 106
- Live Chat: Weekdays 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Saturday/Sunday: noon to 4:00 p.m.
- E-mail: send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Summer 2018 - Monday, May 14th through Wednesday, August 8th:
- Monday through Thursday - 8:00 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Friday - 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday - 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Sunday - 11:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Monday, May 28th - Memorial Day - Closed / University Holiday
- Tuesday, July 3rd - Adjusted Hours - 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, July 4th - Independence Day - Closed / University Holiday
- Faculty/Staff: Need help with your office computer?
- Need help with your password?
The Help Desk will assist you if you have forgotten your password and are unable to reset it through the self-service website. However, you must be able to verify your identity either in person or over the phone. The Help Desk consultant will guide you through the process.
- Need help with using a Temple University system or application?
Information Technology Services is happy to help you with supported software. We offer assistance with software that is licensed to you or your Temple University workstation. Sorry, we cannot do your homework for you!
- Need Help With Canvas?
Temple University has moved to Canvas as its Course Management System. The Center for the Advancement of Teaching Instructional Technology Lab team is available to assist faculty with pedagogical Canvas questions. The Instructional Technology Lab team is also available for faculty in-person and phone consultations during business hours. Canvas support is also available 24x7 at 844-683-6439.
- Confused with technology? Experiencing glitches with a Temple University application? Do you feel caught in red tape?
We will try to assist you with your technology questions or guide you to the right resource that can help you with a Information Technology Services-related issue at the university.
- Is your personal computer sick?
Our Help Desk Clinic provides assistance with computer-related issues. Appointments are on a first-come, first-served basis and last for one hour. If your computer needs more than an hour of work, an appointment will be scheduled for you.
Below are the platforms supported by Information Technology Services and IT partners across the University. Any versions prior to platforms listed below are not supported or permitted on the on-campus Temple network (wired or wireless).
- Windows 10
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 7 (Note: Microsoft is dropping support for Windows 7 in January 2020. No Windows 7 system will be allowed on the university network after 1-14-2020.)
Macintosh OS X
- macOS High Sierra (10.13)
- macOS 10.12 (Sierra)
- Red Hat Linux 7.x
- Microsoft Office 2016/Office 365 (Windows)
- Microsoft Office 2016/Office 365 (Mac) Must be running El Capitan (OS X ver 10.11.x) or higher
- Adobe Temple University Site License
We support the current major release of the following browsers:
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer
Additional Browser Compatibility Information:
Please note that browser compatibility issues can be introduced at any time by the companies who produce these browsers (Microsoft: Internet Explorer, Edge; Apple: Safari; Google: Chrome; Mozilla: Firefox). If you encounter problems with a particular browser when accessing a university application, please try an alternate browser.
The fulfillment of a request may require two business days when the appropriate support team is available during standard university work hours. Depending on the type of request, the timeframe for fulfillment may vary or the request may be denied if it cannot be processed due to a technical, procedural, security-related or resource-related issue.