Use Two Step Verification to access selected Temple websites.
To better protect your personal information, Temple is implementing an extra level of security on selected websites called Two Step Verification. It's called Two Step Verification because in order to access these sites, you will need:
- your AccessNet username and password
- one or more designated phones to further verify your identity
The first websites using Two Step Verification will be the TUportal Direct Deposit allocation and Dependents pages. Other websites containing sensitive information will follow.
To see how Temple’s Two Step Verification works, preview a quick video that walks you through the process.
How to get started
- Follow the instructions in the One-Time Setup section below to designate one or more phones in TUportal for the process. Please note that the overall process works best using the latest versions of Chrome and Firefox.
- If you plan to use the optional smartphone app, follow the smartphone instructions in the One-Time Setup section to install and activate it.
- Access a Two Step Verification site, such as the Direct Deposit allocation or Dependents page on TUportal, listed under Staff Tools. When prompted, select a designated phone number and then a verification method.
- Check your phone and perform the appropriate action, depending on the option you chose. You can then access the site.
View an example of how you would log in to a website using Two Step Verification. The examples show each of the four methods that are available, depending on the type of phone you designated in TUportal.
Q: What is a QR Code?
A: A QR or Quick Response Code is a type of barcode. If your mobile device has a QR Code Reader application installed you can scan or take a picture of QR codes and they will link your device to a webpage or specific content.
Q: How do I reinstall the Duo Mobile app?
A: If you obtain a new mobile device or would like to reinstall the Duo Mobile app, click Re-install app below the Yes button.
Q. Why does the Duo Mobile app need to access my camera?
A: The Duo Mobile app may use your camera to scan a QR code during activation.
Q. What should I do if I don’t have an Internet connection or cell phone reception?
A: Tap the (iOS) or (Android) icon in the Duo Mobile app to generate an authentication passcode.
Q. My App Push alerts aren’t coming through. What should I do?